We’ve moved the date when devices need Data Credits from 7/27 to 8/3. On 8/3 all device owners must pay Data Credits to transfer packets and Hotspots start earning HNT for data transfer from devices.
Key feature updates
- Acquire Data Credits with HNT
- Email notifications and UI improvements
Acquire Data Credits with HNT
We’ve made further updates in preparation for Data Credits going live. We anticipate these updates will be released week of 7/27.
- Owners of HNT will be able to acquire Data Credits by ‘burning’ or converting their HNT into Data Credits.
- Initially HNT owners can use the Wallet CLI tool and then later directly with the Helium mobile app.
More Data Credit information here.
Email notifications and UI improvements
- Email notifications will be sent to administrators for Data Credit events including: purchases, transfers, low Data Credit balances.
- Data Credit balances for Organizations and Devices added to UI.
Other updates and fixes
- The styling of Console has been updated for improved usability.
- Every new Console sign up receives 10,000 Data Credits (existing Console users also received).
- Backend updates for better performance.
Here’s what we’re focused on in the coming weeks (usual disclaimers apply):
- Add multiple devices to Console through import via CSV file.
- Provide support for LoRaWAN ADR.
- Open sourcing Console and its backend network server and blockchain components (Router).