Owners of HNT can acquire Data Credits by ‘burning’ their HNT into Data Credits.
Key Feature Updates
HNT owners can either scan a QR code on Console with the Helium mobile app or use the Wallet CLI tool to burn HNT and send Data Credits to an Organization within a Helium account. These transactions will appear on the Console Data Credits page and the Data Credit balance will be updated accordingly.
On Console, users choose the Data Credit amount they want to add to their account and select Burn HNT to DC. This burn action can be accomplished using either the Helium App or the Helium Wallet CLI Tool:
- On the Helium App (v2.2.0 or above), tap Send and open the QR code scanner located on the top left of the screen.
- To use the Wallet CLI tool, follow the directions here.
The team’s focus in the coming weeks (usual disclaimers apply):
- Fix recently discovered issues related to packet loss.
- Allow users to manually test downlink for a device from within Console.
- Provide ability to pause data transfer for a device or an Organization.
- Make debug information easier to view.
- Include support for LoRaWAN adaptive data rate (ADR).
- Release Console and its backend network server and blockchain components (Router) as open source.