This sprint the team focused on Integration updates including building a Google Sheets prebuilt Integration, adding dynamic query parameters, and including a hold_time field to increase accuracy of timestamps.
Features and updates
- Added a prebuilt integration for Google Sheets. This requires: setting up a public Google form, preparing a script to decode the payload, and setting up integration on Console. See here for instructions.
- Enhanced HTTP Integration with dynamic query parameters allowed in endpoint.
- Increase accuracy of timestamps, we’ve included hold_time (default 0) which represents the time that a Hotspot was holding on to a packet (in milliseconds). The holding time can be due to multiple reasons such as: time between offer and acceptance of packet or if communication between Console/Router and Hotspots is slow then Hotspots would hold on to packets until communication is restored. This feature will be activated when Hotspots have been updated.
- Functions page includes an Integrations column that lists Integrations.
- Downlink queued item no longer appears after downlink has been sent, and only displays a single item even if multiple integrations.
- Added a legend to real time packets view.
- Backend work to accelerate packet ingestion from Hotspots.
- Payment options for Automatic Renewals no longer appear if a payment method hasn’t been defined.
- Spaces in custom scripts no longer cause Functions Decoder to fail.
- Updated real time packets to align with legend.
Open source users
New users use the latest master version.
Existing users are highly recommended to quickly update Console/Router to the newest version which includes the latest blockchain core update to ensure smooth operations. To update, check the newest instructions, rebuild, and restart. The database is not affected.
The team’s focus in the coming weeks (usual disclaimers apply):
- Include downlink MAC command info
- Discovery mode support for Hotspot new feature
- Provide docs to help monitor open source Console
- Create a module to integrate with other LoRaWAN network servers, initially ChirpStack.
- Update Console core design based on Flows (beta) feedback