The core developers have tagged a new
2021.10.18.0 Hotspot firmware release which includes some bug fixes and a new blessed snapshot at height
1059841. This release addresses a channel selection bug causing unnecessary incorrect witnesses and fixes a potential race condition when initializing
var-cache. Furthermore, the updated
blockchain-core has improved state channel support for router.
This is an optional but recommended update for manufacturers to get the latest blessed on-chain snapshots for faster hotspot syncing. This also addresses the “invalid channel” errors that some hotspots were seeing.
- miner#1135: Update core and bump to snap-1059841
- miner#1128: Revert channel selection
- miner#1125: Add height to deadline response
miner#1123: Fix possibly-conflicting heights in current-chain and received-message
- blockchain-core#1050: Initial var-cache explicitly to avoid potential race conditions
- blockchain-core#1040: Rework state channel server
- blockchain-core#1039: Separate out aux-ledger from active ledger
We have been beta testing
2021.10.18.0 since Oct 18, 2021 5:00 PM PT. Current ETA for GA is 10:45 AM PT, Oct 19, 2021.