The core developers have tagged a new
2021.12.06.0 Hotspot firmware release which includes recommended fixes to Seed nodes and DNS query improvements.
Hotspot manufacturers should update to this release when possible in order to give their customers access to these improvements. It specifically helps Hotspots in parts of Europe who have ISPs with specific DNS settings (enforcing packet sizes for DNSSEC) and it also improves peer gossip (reducing the amount of stale data that is shared amongst the 380K+ nodes in the network).
- miner#1277: Pull seed node IPs from DNS pool
follow_modeset in app env
- blockchain-core#1141: Fix nonce upgrade for new chain instantiation
blockchain-core#1140: Maybe get new active state channel when current state channel is overspent
- erlang-libp2p#405: Use a pool of CNAMEs to fetch IPs
- erlang-libp2p#404: Avoid gossiping stale and peers with no
- erlang-libp2p#403: Reduce ack stream inactivity timeout to 1 minute
We have been beta testing
2021.12.06.0 since December 06, 2021 07:45 AM PT. Current ETA for GA is 1:30 PM PT, December 06, 2021.